Heat Resistant Terrace Tiles
Shipra Tiles introduces for the FIRST TIME IN EASTERN INDIA, Heat and Water Resistant Terrace Tiles for plain concrete roof. It significantly reduces the roof’s bottom surface (ceiling) temperature by 8 to 10⁰C and also work as a water proofing material over the roof. Shipra’s Cool Terrace Tiles is designed specially to keep your home cool and pleasant. Made with advanced technology, it has the power to lower the roof’s surface temperature up to 20⁰C which not only keeps the heat out of your house, but also brings down the use of Air conditioners and electricity consumption.
Shipra’s Heat Resistant Roof Tiles are very easy to install and maintain, so just FIT & FORGET.
SOLAR REFLECTANCE INDEX (SRI) – 100
Why Shipra’s Heat Resistant Roof Tiles ?
- Excellent heat insulator (reduces 8-10 degree Celsius of the ceiling temperature).
- High SRI value – 100
- The push to lower temperature inside home for thermal comfort.
- Proven energy efficiency, environmental responsibility, heat resistance, and long term performance.
- Saves big on electricity by lowering energy demand.
- Anti-skid, Water resistant, Eco-friendly and Low cost.
- The way to extend the life of roofs, since a cooler roof would tend to undergo less expansion, and thus experience less wear and tear under the sun.
- User friendly installation.
- Very cost effective and it requires no maintenance.
|VARIANTS||CERAMIC BASED COOL ROOF TILES||CEMENT BASED COOL ROOF TILES|
|Size||300 mm x 300 mm||300 mm x 300 mm|
|Thickness||9 mm (+/- 1 mm)||20 mm (+/- 1 mm)|
|Water Permeability||Impervious to water||Impervious to water|
|Weight||1.8 kg||4 kg|
|Solar Reflectance Index (SRI)||98 (ASTM:E-1980)||100 (ASTM:E-1980)|
Comparison between the Temperature (in degree C) of Normal Roof & the Roof where SHIPRA’s Heat Resistant Roof Tiles is laid
Testing date: 20th May 2019
Testing Place: Patna
Atmospheric temperature: Max – 42 deg C, Min – 28 deg C
Wind: 7 Km/hr from East, Humidity: 41 %
CONVENTIONAL ROOF TEMPERATURE = 62°C
ROOF TREATED WITH SHIPRA’S HEAT RESISTANT TILES = 44°C
|Mud Phuska||Lime Tracing||Earthen Pot
|Approximate Total Cost (including
(8 to 10 deg.C)
Less effective (3-4 deg. C)
(3-4 deg. C)
|Water Proofing||No need of extra water proofing over the tiles||Needs another layer of water proofing||Needs another layer of water proofing||Needs another layer of water proofing||Needs another layer of water proofing|
|Dead load over the roof||60 % lighter than the other
|Very heavy||Extremely heavy||Very heavy||Very heavy|
|Workability||User friendly installation||Very difficult||Extremely